For five generations, the Turner family has humbly and honorably served their friends and neighbors in the funeral business.
J.C. Turner first served his community as early as 1890 by building caskets in his livery stable under the watchful eye of his young son John at Frisco, OK, northwest of Yukon. John grew and so did the need for funeral assistance. By July 5, 1905, John began offering funeral goods and services throughout Canadian County. At that time most funeral services were provided at the home of the deceased. Soon he attended Eckels Derma-Surgical College and School of Ultra Embalming in Philadelphia, PA, and John became one of the first certified embalmers in Oklahoma, graduating April 24, 1914. John moved his funeral business out of the Turner Hardware when he built the first full-service funeral home in Yukon, OK. Soon, his sons Archie, Ralph, and Martin joined him as funeral directors and embalmers.
On December 14, 1941, Martin Turner graduated from Cincinnati College of Embalming in Cincinnati, OH. From April 1949-January 1989, Martin and his wife Vera Lee made their home in Geary, OK, owning and operating the Turner Funeral Home as well as the Turner Ambulance service and Vera Lee’s Flower Shop.